Um Hi, T & I recently bought an instant pot and life. has. changed.
This kitchen tool is amazing. It can do everything. Not only can it do everything, it makes everything so FAST and EASY. To date we have made brisket, mashed potatoes, beef stroganoff, chicken tacos, steamed veggies, etc. I could go on and on!
My favorite though is making poached eggs. Eggs are one of my favorite food items to eat. Toast with avocado and a poached egg on top. Is there anything better?
Let me be clear. I’m not a great cook. I have gotten better over the past year and T can attest to that but generally it doesn’t come easy to me. Eggs are no eggception (see what I did there?). & poached eggs? HA! Nope. Not even trying.
And then came the Instant Pot.
Hiiiiiiii meal prep (or breakfast) is ready in three minutes. You read that right. Three minutes. I purchased silicon egg poacher cups that you can buy here. They are the easiest to use and also the easiest to clean.
Instant Pot Poached Eggs:
- Turn on Instant Pot
- Place metal trivet in pot and pour in one cup of water
- Spray egg poachers (I use the silicon ones) with olive oil
- Break the eggs in the poachers
- Season with salt and pepper
- Place in Instant Pot
- Turn and seal shut (make sure vent is on “seal”)
- Press “steam” and set to 3 minutes (use longer or shorter time based on your desired doneness)
- As soon as timer goes off, quick release steam and remove lid
- Carefully remove cups from pot
- Remove eggs gently with a spoon and enjoy!!
A friend of mine told me she does this the night before, stores the eggs and reheats them for breakfast. The possibilities are endless!!
I can’t recommend this product enough for your kitchen. & for those of you who love the process of cooking and don’t need or want the cooking process done lickity split – I get it! Still, this product is great for those nights when you really just don’t have the time. & I think we’ve all been there.
Have an Instant Pot of your own? Let me know how you’ve used it!